Shutters Auckland NZ
Shutters are popular with homeowners in Auckland, and throughout New Zealand, because they look sophisticated and they are highly functional. Modern shutters like those in our range at Weathermaster Auckland make it even easier to control the amount of light and heat that gets into your home. Combined with manual or motorised blinds, our shutters will help keep your home cool on hot sunny days while still letting in air.
They are also stylish too. Our shutters are made from high-quality basswood or a Poly satin composite which are strong while also being light. These are the ideal materials for shutters as it makes it easier to open, close, and operate the shutters.
Many people choose shutters because they make an eye-catching design feature that can add value to your home. Whether you are looking for a mediterranean, plantation, or modern look, we have the shutters you want for your Auckland home.
We custom manufacture our shutters, ensuring the perfect fit and the best possible finish.
We supply custom made furniture for your windows, either in timber or a poly satin composite.
Benefits of choosing Weathermaster Auckland
Countrywood Timber Shutters
- Manufactured from basswood timber, light, stable and durable.
- We can slide, hinge, bifold on track to meet the functionality required.
- Blade options 64, 89, 114mm mean we can create a more traditional look or an unstated contemporary look.
- A large range of custom colours, but customization with your own colour is also available.
- Excellent for light control, room darkening, insultation and noise control.
Eclipse Polyresin Shutters Auckland
- Polyresin shutters do not damage our forests all scrap is recycled.
- Colour fast UV stabilizers design with strength and durability. Shutters will not blister, peel, flake, corrode or fade.
- Inherited flame-retardant qualities built right into the materials, making these safe for the home and commercial applications.
- Ideally suited for kitchens and bathrooms.
- R-value of 3.4- helps with reduce heating and air-conditioning costs and outside noise.
- Available in White, Vanilla and Pearl.
- Blade options 64, 89 and 114mm mean we can create a more traditional look or an unstated contemporary look.
- Operation now includes by hand the traditional method, or Powerview motorization, especially a consideration for those high to reach window applications.
Caring for the Shutters on Your Auckland Home
When we install shutters on your Auckland home, you can have confidence in the quality of the product and the quality of the installation work. One of the benefits of shutters is that they require minimal ongoing maintenance. However, to keep them looking their best, you should occasionally do a few basic, quick, and easy to complete maintenance tasks.
The maintenance you will need to periodically complete on your shutters is mostly about cleaning. How you should clean your shutters will depend on the type you get installed.
At Weathermaster, we supply shutters manufactured from basswood as well as polyresin shutters, the latter of which is becoming increasingly popular in Auckland.
- Cleaning timber shutters on your Auckland home – you can use your vacuum with a soft brush attached to the hose to clean the shutters on your windows. This will remove the dust from the surface. You can tilt the shutters as you go, so you can clean both sides. You can also wipe your shutters with a magnetic dust grabbing cloth, but you should avoid using a damp cloth or water wherever possible as moisture can, in some situations, cause damage to the wood.
- Cleaning polyresin shutters on your Auckland home – polyresin shutters can also be cleaned with a vacuum or dust grabbing cloth, plus you can clean them with water too. This is because the polyresin material is not affected by water. In fact, you can also use soap if required.
In general, shutters are highly durable, whatever type you decide to purchase. Caring for them is as simple as including them as part of your cleaning routine. How often you will need to do this will depend on environmental conditions, i.e., how quickly dust forms on the surfaces of your shutters. A quick vacuum or wipe down using the appropriate method will quickly sort things out.